新概念英语第一册听力Lesson129Seventymilesanhour

时间:2023-09-10 20:11:02 阅读: 最新文章 文档下载
说明:文章内容仅供预览,部分内容可能不全。下载后的文档,内容与下面显示的完全一致。下载之前请确认下面内容是否您想要的,是否完整无缺。

Listen to the tape then answer this question.What does Ann advise her husband to do next time?
  听录音,然后回答问题。安建议她的丈夫下次做什么?
  Ann: Look, Gary! That policeman’s waving to you. He wants you to stop.
  安:瞧,加里!那个警察正朝你挥手呢。他要你停下来。

  Policeman: Where do you think you are? On a race track? You must have been driving at seventy miles an hour.
  警察:你认为你现在是在哪儿? 在赛车道上吗? 你刚才一定是以每小时70英里的速度开车。

  Gary: I can’t have been.
  加里:我不会开得那么快的。

  Policeman: I was doing eighty when I overtook you.
  警察:我是以每小时80英里的速度赶上你的。

  Policeman: Didn’t you see the speed limit?
  警察:难道你没看见限速牌吗?

  Gary: I’m afraid I didn’t, officer. I must have been dreaming .
  加里:恐怕我没有看见,警官。我一定思想开小差了。

  Ann: He wasn’t dreaming, officer. I was telling him to drive slowly.
  安:警官,他思想没有开小差。我刚才正告诉他开慢点。

  Harry: That’s why I didn’t see the sign.
  安里:所以我才没看见那牌子。

  Policeman: Let me see your driving-license and your insurance certificate.
  警察:让我看一看你的驾驶执照。

  Policeman: I won’t charge you this time. But you’d better not do it again!
  警察:这次我就不罚你款了。但你不要再开得这样快。

  Gary: Thank you. I’ll certainly be more careful.
  加里:谢谢您。我以后一定会多加注意。

  Ann: I told you to drive slowly, Gary.
  安:加里,我刚才叫你开慢点吧。

  Gary: You always tell me to drive slowly, darling.
  加里:你总是叫我开慢点,亲爱的。

  Ann: Well, next time you’d better take my advice!
  安:好啦,下次你还是听从我的劝告!

  New words and Expressions生词和短语
  wave
  v. 招手

  track
  n. 跑道

  mile
  n. 英里

  overtake (overtook, overtaken)
  v. 从后面超越,超车

  speed limit
  限速

  dream
  v. 做梦,思想不集中

  sign
  n. 标记,牌子

  driving licence
  驾驶执照

  charge
  v. 罚款

  darling
  n. 亲爱的(用作表示称呼)

  Notes on the text课文注释
  1 Where do you think you are?
  do you think是用在特殊疑问句中的插入语,用来征询见解或表达看法。
  2 must have been driving
  这种结构用来表示对过去正进行的事情的推测。可译为“一定”或“准是”。
  3 at seventy miles an hour 每小时70英里的速度
  4 I was doing eighty when I overtook you.
  其中的动词do表示“以……速度行进”。
  5 But you'd better not do it again!
  you'd better= you had better,后面加动词原形。
  had better用于建议在将来某一具体场合采取动作,而不用于一般情况,比should语气更为强烈,常有威胁、告诫或催促的意味。
  6 you' d better take my advice!你还是听从我的劝告。take one's advice是“听从劝告”的意思。

新概念英语第一册听力Lesson 129 Seventy miles an hour.doc

本文来源:https://www.wddqw.com/3pwv.html