Petra: Damn! That didn’t work either.
佩特拉:该死!一点用都不管。
Ken: What are you doing?
肯:你在干什么?
Petra: I’m trying to pay for a new service I ordered, but the website won’t accept my credit card as payment. I even tried my debit card, but it’s been rejected, too.
佩特拉:我定了一项服务,该付费了,但是网络不接受我的信用卡支付。 我都试了用借记卡 支付,但是也不行。
Ken: Why don’t you just write a check and mail it in?
肯:为什么不写张支票,然后寄过去?
Petra: I don’t have any checks. In this day and age, I should be able to use one of the many electronic funds transfer options.
佩特拉:我没有支票。现在这个时代,我应该用电子资金转账支付。
Ken: What are going to do now?
肯:你现在怎么办?
Petra: I might try sending a wire, but my bank charges a large fee for wires.
佩特拉:我可能要发份电报,可是发电报好贵啊。
Ken: How about signing up for direct deposit?
肯:要不就直接现金支付?
Petra: If this were an ongoing service I would, but this is a one- time thing. Do you think I could try your credit card?
佩特拉:要是这是一项持续性服务,我会用现金,但是这是一次性的服务。我能用用的信用卡吗?
Ken: I don’t know about that…
肯:我不知道能不能。
Petra: All right, if you feel funny about doing that, then could you buy me a gift card for this website and then I can turn around and use the balance?
佩特拉:好,如果你觉得有点古怪的话,你可以在这个网站上给我买个礼物卡, 然后我转身还你。
Ken: That seems kind of involved. Would you pay me back in cash?
肯:有点难懂, 然后你现金还我是吗?
Petra: Of course. I will write you an IOU right now and then go to the bank tomorrow.
佩特拉:当然。我会写一张欠条,然后明天去银行。
Ken: How about if you go to the bank now? I’ll even give you a ride.
肯:要不现在去银行?我载你去。
Petra: Is that really necessary? We don’t even know if it’s going to work.
佩特拉:有必要吗?我们都不知道什么时候能用上。
Ken: When it comes to money, I always say, better safe than sorry.
肯:只要和钱相关的事,我会说,防患于未然。
初中英语听力:网上付账麻烦多.doc正在阅读:
初中英语听力:网上付账麻烦多05-02
[文学理论的观点赏析李商隐《乐游原》]李商隐《乐游原》及赏析05-30
考试以后作文450字09-30
2023福建中医药大学附属第三人民医院招聘高层次人才10人(常年招聘招到即止)04-01
2020抗击疫情短文五篇12-19
我的同桌作文350字07-29
这也是一种美作文600字11-03
居里夫人自传读书报告500字06-17
西班牙留学的条件介绍08-25