[职场社交英语]职场社交英语Lesson26:她还真像个女超人

时间:2022-04-30 12:44:02 阅读: 最新文章 文档下载
说明:文章内容仅供预览,部分内容可能不全。下载后的文档,内容与下面显示的完全一致。下载之前请确认下面内容是否您想要的,是否完整无缺。

职场社交英语 Lesson 26:她还真像个女超人


SCENE⑤ B 会议结束后

【她还真像个女超人】

Dave: Either we'll be millionaires, or we won't... won't have a dime.

戴夫: 当不成百万富翁,就当……身无分文。


Elvin: And it's all coming down to the next three weeks.

艾文: 接下来的三个星期就会见真相。
Dave: The only person who seems confident the software will be done on time is Zina.

戴夫: 只有吉娜有信心,软件会准时完成。
Elvin: Yeah, she is some kind of Superwoman, isn't she?

艾文: 对啊,她还真像个女超人,你说是不是?


Dave: 1) Failure just isn't an 2) option for her. I'm glad she's on our team.

戴夫: 失败这两个字不在她的字典里。我很高兴她跟我们是同一伙的。

语言详解

A: Do I have any other options?

我有其他选择吗?
B: You have to pick them up at six A.M.

你得在早上六点的时候来拿。
【It's all coming down to...成败攸关于……】

come down to是指情况到了最后成败的关头,短期内就要见真相:

A: It's all coming down to these last two days.

成败就看这最后两天了。

B: We can do it!

我们做得到的!

也可以指彼此的关系每况愈下,到达谷底:

A: I need more money. Give me some.

我还要钱。给我一点。

B: Has our relationship just come down to this-money?

我们的关系已走到了这样,钱钱钱?

你也可以说It came down to the point where...以表示情势的发展已至最后的临界点:


A: It came down to the point where I had to make a decision.

事已至此,我得做出决定。

B: So you decided to quit your job and come here?

所以你决定辞职到这里来?

1) failure (n.) 失败

2) option (n.) 选择

职场社交英语Lesson 26:她还真像个女超人.doc

本文来源:https://www.wddqw.com/DYpP.html