【#英语口语# 导语】英语在生活和就业中的重要性已经越来越显著了,日常交际口语是大家必须掌握的。©文档大全网为大家准备了“日常英语口语:重整旗鼓”,一起来看看吧!更多相关讯息请关注©文档大全网!
【篇一】
1. I was sitting on thorns.
我如坐针毡。
►sit on thorns 如坐针毡,焦急不安,坐卧不宁
2. The years have mellowed me.
岁月让我成熟。
3. You can’t welch on your promises.
你不能说话不算数啊。
►welch on 赖账;不履行(诺言、义务)
e.g. He left the town in order to welch on all his debts. 他为了赖账离开了这座城镇。
4. Evil deeds are done in the name of good.
多少恶行打着正义的旗号!
►evil deeds 邪恶的行为;邪行
5. We fear for your safety.
我们担心你的安全。
►fear for 为……担心,为……担忧
e.g. All mothers fear for their children when they first leave home. 所有的母亲都为初次出门的孩子们担忧。
for fear 由于害怕,以免
6. That’s his express purpose.
他明显为了这个。
7. You go. I’ll stick around.
你走吧。我再呆会儿。
►stick around 逗留;在附近徘徊;呆在原处(等待)
e.g. We'd love you to stick around for dinner. 我们想留你吃晚饭。
8. I’m not being facetious.
我不是故意打岔。
9. Get your second wind!
重整旗鼓!
►second wind 喘气后恢复正常的呼吸;恢复元气
e.g. We can go on after your guys get a second wind. 你们休息一下,体力恢复后,咱们继续吧。
10. She glossed it over.
那事她一带而过。
►gloss over 掩盖,掩饰,粉饰
e.g. One should not gloss over one's shortcomings. 不要隐讳自己的缺点。
【篇二】
1. Have you ascertained?
你确定了吗?
2. Spare a thought for my situation.
你也想想我的处境行不行?
►spare a thought for 想到…;替…着想
3. I used to be a martyr to mouth ulcer.
我以前老得口腔溃疡。
►be a martyr to 长期患…病;受着…的折磨
e.g. She is a martyr to rheumatism. 她长斯受着风湿病的折磨。
4. Don’t work to rule.
不要消极怠工。
►work to rule 怠工(拒绝完成规章规定以外的工作以迫使资方让步)
5. The silence was deafening.
气氛非常尴尬。
6. Where’s your backbone?
你怎么这么窝囊啊?
7. Give me a leg up since I’m new.
我刚来,请大家多多关照。
►leg up n.(对上马或跨跃障碍时的)帮助
give sb. a leg up 帮助某人攀登,帮助某人度过难关
e.g. Can anyone give me a leg up? 谁能帮我一下?
8. You’re gonna have to knuckle down.
你得用功啊。
►knuckle down 开始认真工作,屈服
e.g. He would not knuckle down under their pressure. 他不会在他们的压力下屈服的。
e.g. We all knuckle down to study just before final exam. 就在期末考前,我们开始埋头苦读。
9. He’s a genius, by common consent.
他是公认的天才。
►by common consent 经一致同意,公认
10. Always be the pick of the bunch.
永远做的。
►the pick of the bunch 一批中的;精华;出类拔萃的人(或物)
e.g. This Australian wine is the pick of the bunch. 这种澳大利亚葡萄酒是的葡萄酒。
【篇三】
1. They grate on me most.
我最讨厌这种人。
►grate on 刺激,触怒,使烦躁
e.g. The boy's manner of speech grated on his father. 男孩说话的态度触怒了他父亲。
2. He must have gone loopy.
他脑子进水了。
3. He’s trying to muscle in.
他想干涉这件事。
►muscle in 强行进入,抢夺,巧取豪夺,干涉
4. I’ll have the world at my feet!
我要出人头地!
►have the world at your/my feet 运筹帷幄之中,掌控千里之外 ;前程似锦
5. Well, thereby hangs a tale.
这说起来可话长了(幽默)。
6. Crisis averted.
危机解除了。
7. I salivate over your beauty, sugar.
宝贝儿我对你的美色垂涎三尺。
►salivate over 垂涎
8. The plot thickens.
情况有变(幽默)。
9. Do you have a death wish or something?
你找死啊你?
►death wish [弗洛伊德用语](有意无意的对己或对人的)求死愿望
e.g. But they don't have a death wish. Not at all. 但他们不想死,一点也不想。
10. Everybody is searching fame and fortune.
大家都在追名逐利。
►fame and fortune 名声与财富,名利双收
e.g. Fame and fortune beckoned to them. 名誉和运气诱惑着他们。
日常
英语口语:重整旗鼓.doc
本文来源:https://www.wddqw.com/jR8u.html