Lesson 95 A fantasy
第九十五课 纯属虚构
First listen and then answer the question.
听录音,然后回答以下问题。
Why was the Ambassador particularly lucky?
为什么大使特别幸运?
When the Ambassador or Escalopia returned home for lunch, his wife got a shock.
当艾斯卡罗比亚国的大使回到家吃午饭时,把他的夫人吓了一跳。
He looked pale and his clothes were in a frightful state.
他面色苍白,衣服也搞得不成样子。
'What has happened?' she asked. 'How did your clothes get into such a mess?'
“发生了什么事?”她问,“你的衣服怎么搞得一塌糊涂?”
'A fire extinguisher, my dear,' answered the Ambassador drily. 'University students set the Embassy on fire this morning.'
“灭火器弄的,亲爱的,”大使冷冷地回答,“今天上午大学生们放火点着了大使馆。”
'Good heavens!' exclaimed his wife. 'And where were you at the time?'
“天啊!”他的夫人惊叫,“那你当时在什么地方?”
'I was in my office as usual,' answered the Ambassador.
“我和往常一样,在办公室里,”大使回答说。
The fire broke out in the basement.
地下室突然着火,
I went down immediately, of course, and that fool, Horst, aimed a fire extinguisher at me.
我当然马上下去了。但那个傻瓜霍斯特把灭火器对准了我。
He thought I was on fire. I must definitely get that fellow posted.
他认为是我着火了。我一定要把那个家伙打发走。
The Ambassador's wife went on asking questions, when she suddenly noticed a big hole in her husband's hat.
大使夫人继续提出问题,她突然又发现丈夫的帽子上有个洞。
'And how can you explain that?' she asked.
“那么你对那又作何解释呢?”她问。
'Oh, that,' said the Ambassador. 'Someone fired a shot through my office window. Accurate, don't you think? '
“那个嘛,”大使说,“有人向我办公室窗户开了一枪。真够准的,是不是?
Fortunately, I wasn't wearing it at the time.
幸亏我当时没戴帽子。
If I had been, I would not have been able to get home for lunch.
如果真戴着它,我现在就不能回家来吃午饭了。”
正在阅读:
[新概念英语第二册英音原版]新概念英语第二册(英音新版)第95课:纯属虚构05-02
2020宝宝生日简短祝福句子大全10-25
甘肃2020年9月英语四级报名时间、条件及入口【附报名流程】11-01
2019年湖南郴州会计继续教育报名入口10-27
我的家乡英语作文范文(汇编10篇)10-24
生日寄语给自己的话05-18
2016年度TIMES英国北爱兰地区各大学的最新排名10-04
小学课堂礼仪课件(5篇)07-27