[关于金钱的英语口语对话]与金钱相关的英语口语表达

时间:2024-11-04 20:45:01 阅读: 最新文章 文档下载
说明:文章内容仅供预览,部分内容可能不全。下载后的文档,内容与下面显示的完全一致。下载之前请确认下面内容是否您想要的,是否完整无缺。

【#英语口语# 导语】英语口语的重要性不言而喻,除了日常的英语考试外,英语口语在我们平常生活中也至关重要。很多人虽喜欢旅行,却不敢走出国门,怕沟通困难,难以交流。以下“与金钱相关的英语口语表达”由©文档大全网整理发布,欢迎阅读参考!更多相关讯息请关注©文档大全网!

  1. Balance the books 结账、结算

  determine that accounts are in balance, bring the two sides into equilibrium, settle an account by paying what is due

  确定账户处于平衡状态,力求平衡,通过支付到期款来结算账户

  The accountant says he can't balance the books till our last check clears.

  会计说上次的票款清理后才能给我们结账。

  2. Bring home the bacon 养家糊口

  earn a salary, make money for your family

  挣钱养家

  When our parents died in an accident, and my sister and I remained alone, I had to leave college and bring home the bacon.

  父母意外死亡时,我和妹妹还没成家。所以我不得不辍学养家。

  3. Go Dutch 各自付账

  share the cost of something

  共同支付

  When I wanted to settle the bill, she insisted on going Dutch and pay for her meal.

  就在我准备结账时,她坚持各自付账,并支付了自己那份饭钱。

  4. Gravy train 钱多活少的好差事

  a source of easy money, a job that pays a lot with little work

  轻易得来的钱,赚钱的清闲差事

  My brother took up a job in a beach restaurant and hoped to get on board the gravy train, but in fact he had to work more than in a factory.

  我哥哥在沙滩边的餐馆工作,原本以为自己找到了一份赚钱的清闲差事,可实际上,那儿的活儿比工厂还多。

  5. Nest egg 储蓄金

  savings, money kept in reserve

  积蓄、贮备金

  Don't worry about the job you lost. We have a little nest egg to live on until you find another.

  别担心失业后的生活。我们还有一些积蓄能撑到你找到新工作。

  6. Cook the books 做假账

  cheat in accounting, manipulate financial records

  伪造或篡改财务报表

  Nobody noticed that one of the managers was cooking the books until the company got totally bankrupt.

  直到公司彻底破产以后,公司有一位经理做假账的事才被人发现。

  7. Golden handshake 解雇费

  a (large) sum of money paid to an employee when he/she leaves the firm

  支付给员工的一大笔离职金

  Grandfather didn't really want to retire too early, but he couldn't resist the golden handshake that the company offered.

  尽管祖父不打算早早退休,但是他未能抵住一大笔离职金的*。

  8. Cheapskate 守财奴

  somebody who doesn't like to spend money

  吝啬的人

  We would need a new fridge, but my husband is such a cheapskate that I don't think we'll buy one before the other completely falls apart.

  家里该买新冰箱了,可丈夫是个吝啬鬼,老冰箱没有完全坏掉之前,他是不会同意买新冰箱的。

  【拓展阅读】

  几个表达观点的英语口语词组

  1. In my opinion/view 通常用来讨论较重要的事情

  In my view, our performances at the moment have been affected by tiredness.

  在我看来, 我们此刻的表现都是因为太累了。

  2. It seems to me/All things considered 常用来表达经过深思熟虑后的意见

  It seems to me that this crime was foreseeable and that this death was preventable.

  在我看来,这起犯罪本来是可以预见的,受害者的死也是可以避免的。

  All things considered, I think we made a wise choice in recruiting James.

  全面考虑后,我觉得录用詹姆斯是一个明智的选择。

  3. I suspect that...表示疑心(较肯定、正向语气)

  It implies to the listener that they could disagree and you wouldn't be offended.

  这个短语通常暗示对方,你可能并不同意他的观点但你并不觉得这么说会冒犯。

  I suspect that he was lying.

  我疑心他在说谎。

  4. I wonder if... 表述一个你认为可能正确的想法

  It says you're contemplating if your statement is correct, and encouraging the listener to tell you their opinion.

  这个短语通常用来表达自己的观点同时鼓励对方告诉你他们的意见。

  I wonder if you'd be kind enough to call him.

  请你给他打个电话好吗?

  5. To be honest/To tell you the truth/To be frank 如果需要说些不讨喜的话

  To tell you the truth, your plan is unrealistic.

  恕我直言, 你的计划不太现实。

  To be honest, the house is not quite our style.

  说实话,这房子我们不太喜欢。

  To be frank, I don't like him.

  坦白讲,我不太喜欢他。

与金钱相关的英语口语表达.doc

本文来源:https://www.wddqw.com/Lw5u.html