惠特曼诗歌,歌唱自我(31,32)

时间:2022-08-29 10:02:15 阅读: 最新文章 文档下载
说明:文章内容仅供预览,部分内容可能不全。下载后的文档,内容与下面显示的完全一致。下载之前请确认下面内容是否您想要的,是否完整无缺。
SONG OF MYSELF

歌唱自我 惠特曼

飘在风中的人翻译 31

I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey work of the stars, 我相信一片草叶的意义并不逊色于星星们的暮起朝落,

And the pismire is equally perfect, and a grain of sand, and the egg of the wren, 我相信一只蚂蚁、一颗沙粒和鹪鹩下的蛋同样是完美的, And the tree-toad is a chef-d’oeuvre for the highest, 我相信树蛙是一个第一流的杰作,

And the running blackberry would adorn the parlors of heaven, 我相信蔓延连绵的黒莓将装饰天堂的廊柱,

And the narrowest hinge in my hand puts to scorn all machinery, 我相信我手上最细小的筋节便足以蔑视一切机械器物,

And the cow crunching with depress’d head surpasses any statue,

我相信那头低头咀嚼青草的奶牛,它的形象胜于一切人工的造像, And a mouse is miracle enough to stagger sextillions of infidels.

我相信一只老鼠就足以构成奇迹,让亿亿万万个没有信仰的人发生动摇。

I find I incorporate gneiss, coal, long-threaded moss, fruits, grains, esculent roots,

我发觉构成我身体的啊,是片麻岩、煤炭、长丝般的苔藓、水果、谷物、可以食用的植物根茎,

And am stucco’d with quadrupeds and birds all over, 而四脚的走兽和会飞的禽鸟则粉饰了我的周身,

And have distanced what is behind me for good reasons, 那些跟不上我的啊,我已用充足的理由将它们疏远, But call any thing back again when I desire it. 可一旦渴望,我又能把任意一个重新召回。

In vain the speeding or shyness,

速度奇快或者害羞腼腆都是徒劳的,

In vain the plutonic rocks send their old heat against my approach,

为了抗拒我的到来而把它们从远古蓄积的热量散发出来的火成岩是徒劳的, In vain the mastodon retreats beneath its own powder’d bones, 把自己的骨头化成齑粉躲藏起来的乳齿象是徒劳的, In vain objects stand leagues off and assume manifold shapes, 远远躲开并化成各种形象的物体们是徒劳的,

In vain the ocean settling in hollows and the great monsters lying low, 海洋退入谷底,巨大的怪兽低低伏卧是徒劳的, In vain the buzzard houses herself with the sky, 秃鹰把整个天空变成自己家园是徒劳的,

In vain the snake slides through the creepers and logs, 蛇从藤蔓和伐倒的圆木之中滑走是徒劳的,

In vain the elk takes to the inner passes of the woods, 选择了林木深处的通道的麂鹿是徒劳的,


In vain the razor-bill’d auk sails far north to Labrador, 远翔到北方拉布拉多的长着尖喙的海雀是徒劳的,

I follow quickly, I ascend to the nest in the fissure of the cliff.

我能快速地跟随着啊,我能攀上悬崖,到达那掩藏在缝隙中的巢窠。 32

I think I could turn and live with animals, they are so placid and self-contain’d, 我希望我能转过身去,与动物们相伴生活,他们是如此地沉静安祥自足自满, I stand and look at them long and long. 我停步站立,把他们久久久久地注视。

They do not sweat and whine about their condition, 他们不会因为自己的处境而汗下哀鸣,

They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins, 他们不会在黑暗中张目难眠而为自己的罪过抽搐哭泣, They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God, 他们不会讨论自己对上帝的义务而让我恶心难受,

Not one is dissatisfied, not one is demented with the mania of owning things, 没有一个心存不满,没有一个为了占有的癖好而疯魔欲狂,

Not one kneels to another, nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago,

没有一个朝另一个屈膝下跪,也没有一个朝生活在千万年前的同类屈膝下跪, Not one is respectable or unhappy over the whole earth.

没有一个能在世界的每一个角落都得到尊宠,也没有一个会在世界的每一个角落都找不到快乐。

So they show their relations to me and I accept them,

他们为我展示了他们之间的这样的关系,于是我接受了他们,

They bring me tokens of myself, they evince them plainly in their possession.

他们为我带来了象征我自己的标志,他们坦白地表明这些标志掌握在他们手中。

I wonder where they get those tokens, 我惊奇这些标志他们得于何方,

Did I pass that way huge times ago and negligently drop them?

莫非很久很久之前,我曾经由那条路经过,并且粗心地把它们失落?

Myself moving forward then and now and forever, 让我自己向前行进吧,从那时到现在直到永远, Gathering and showing more always and with velocity, 收集并且展示越来越多的东西,我永不停息动作快捷, Infinite and omnigenous, and the like of these among them,

我收集的东西无穷无尽无所不包,而所说的这些标志啊就在它们之中, Not too exclusive toward the reachers of my remembrancers, 我不会十分苛刻地挑选那伸手向我索取纪念之物的人,

Picking out here one that I love, and now go with him on brotherly terms.

此时此刻我就选出了我所爱着的一个,并且现在就与他订立兄弟之约,与他同行。

A gigantic beauty of a stallion, fresh and responsive to my caresses, 这是一匹硕壮俊美的公马,他朝气勃勃,回应着我的爱抚,


Head high in the forehead, wide between the ears, 他的头部有高高的前额,双耳间距宽阔, Limbs glossy and supple, tail dusting the ground, 四肢光滑灵活,尾巴扑打着地上的尘土,

Eyes full of sparkling wickedness, ears finely cut, flexibly moving. 眼中充满顽劣的火星啊,造型精致的双耳,灵活地转动。

His nostrils dilate as my heels embrace him, 他张大了鼻孔,当我用脚跟将他环抱,

His well-built limbs tremble with pleasure as we race around and return. 他健美的四肢欢喜地颤动啊,当我们在四周飞奔再回还。 I but use you a minute, then I resign you, stallion,

可是,成年的雄驹啊,我只借用你片刻,然后我便要辞你而去, Why do I need your paces when I myself out-gallop them?

因为我为何要借助你的步子,当我自己奔驰的步点已经超越了它们? Even as I stand or sit passing faster than you.

我行进的速度要快过你啊,就算我只是站着或者坐着。


本文来源:https://www.wddqw.com/doc/27e3e41b091c59eef8c75fbfc77da26924c59617.html