Account Rules and Regulations
帐户规章与条例
Situation 18
情景 18
Leah Jacobs has just opened a savings account at the First National Bank.She is asking a clerk about the meaning of the rules and regulations printed on her passbook.
利厄·雅各布斯刚刚在第一国民银行开立了一个储蓄帐户,她正在向一个职员询问有关印在存折上的各项规章与条例的含义。
Do you mean that I have to give you notice before I can make a withdrawal?
您是说,在我取款之前,得事先给您一个通知吗?
Clerk:Yes,Mrs.Jacobs,it technically means that .All banks may technically require prenotification before they must honour withdrawal requests on savings or other interest bearing accounts.
职员:是的,雅各布斯夫人。从法律角度上看,它是这个意思。所有银行都可能需要一个事先通知,取款人才有权从储蓄帐户和其他附息的帐户中取出所需求的款项。
J:How much notice must I give ?
雅各布斯:我需要提前多少时间通知银行?
C:Our bank ,like many others,may require seven day's notice .But in actual practice we honour your request without requiring notification .
职员:象许多其他银行一样,我们银行可能要求7天前通知。但实际工作中,在没有提前通知的情况下,我们也会满足您的取款要求。
Of course ,the bank has the option of enforcing the rule should it be necessary .
当然啦,如果必要的话,银行是有权利按照这一条规定来做的。
J:That's amazing .I never knew that before .
雅各布斯:这倒令我吃惊,以前我从来不知道这些。
C:You'll find that all banks are required to have the same rule .
职员:您会发现,所有的银行都有这些同样的规章。
J:I guess I've never read the fine print on my passbook before.
雅各布斯:我可能还从来没读过我存折上的这些很小的印刷字体。
This next item says that there is a service charge for more than two transactions a month .
下面一条讲到,如果在一个月内有两次以上存取款,就要收取手续费。
C;Yes,Mrs.Jacobs.Again,that's technically permitted by the regulations.
职员:是的,雅各布斯夫人。同样,这也是属于法定条例。
The main reason is to discourage the use of savings accounts for frequent transactions .
这是因为银行不鼓励使用储蓄帐户进行过于频繁的存取款活动。
Current ,or checking,accounts are designed for regular and frequent transactions.
往来帐户或支票帐户就是为了经常和频繁的存款和取款而设的。
J:But I've never been charged.
雅各布斯:但是,我却从来没有为此付过费用。
C:Well,most banks rarely invoke that regulation .
职员:哦,大多数银行很少实行那条规定。
正在阅读:
金融英语口语教程第18课10-06
客房年度个人工作总结三篇03-21
二年级春游作文【三篇】04-20
2023年四川甘孜州财政局公开遴选(考调)公务员考察相关事项公告09-12
奥比岛梦想国度旅行者怎么玩 游戏玩法介绍06-13
2017山西专科学校排名11-18
初中写景作文:我的快乐老家09-23
自我成长分析报告1500心理学论文:自我成长分析报告例文06-22
开学典礼主持人开场词范文12篇08-31