On strike
罢工
Sue:The protest-march didn't work!
苏:**不起作用!
Sandy:What can we do now,Sue?
桑迪:现在我们怎么办呢,苏?
Sue:Let's ask again.
苏:我们再去要要看。
Sue:Please give us a rise,dad.
苏:爸爸,请再给我们加点零用钱吧。
Sandy:Things are more expensive these days.
桑迪:最近东西都比以前贵了。
Father:I'm sorry,children.
父亲:对不起,孩子。
Sue:But,dad!We're always broke.
苏:但是,爸爸,我们的钱总是一花就光了。
Other children receive more than we do.
别的孩子得到的零用钱比我们的要多。
Father:The answer is NO!
父亲:回答是“不行”。
Sandy:What can we do now,Sue?
桑迪:现在我们怎么办呢,苏?
Sue:Don't worry,Sandy.
苏:别担心,桑迪。
Father:What's up with the children,Betty?
父亲:贝蒂,孩子们都怎么啦?
Mother:You won't give them more pocket-money.
母亲:你不多给他们零用钱。
so they're both angry with you,Jim.
他们在生你的气呢,吉姆。
Father:Why aren't you doing your homework?
父亲:你们为什么不做功课?
Sue:Because we're on strike!
苏:因为我们在罢工。